- I have eaten at the table for most of my dinners and a few of my breakfasts (instead of on the sofa)
- I have been putting my fork/spoon/piece of food down between bites to encourage slower eating
- I have literally slowed down my chewing and increased the number of chews as I eat a biteful of food
- I have taken a few moments before I eat to look at my food and enjoy the differences of colours and visual textures
- I have smelled my foods as I prepare them; I’ve closed my eyes and savoured those smells, searching my mind for associations
- I have focused on experiencing the wonderful textures and flavours in each biteful of food
- I have prepared more whole foods and “from scratch” meals than eaten takeout or restaurant food
- I have snacked almost exclusively on fruit instead of chocolate and baked goods
It’s not terribly hard to do. In fact, it’s ridiculously easy to do. The hardest part of it is to remember to do one or more of these mindful eating techniques while eating.
Additionally, I’ve bought more veggies to enjoy. My walking numbers have also gone up this week.
Week 1 Results:
2.1 lbs weight LOSS
1.0% body fat percentage LOSS